- Past Tours
- Profile LOGIN
United World Games 2017
- SPORTS/AGES: Basketball (MW) 8-19, Cheer/Dance (MW) 10-19, Softball (W) 12-19, Soccer (M) 7-18, Soccer (W) 11-19, Swimming (MW) 8-18, Tennis (MW) 12-18, Track and Field (MW) 8-18, Volleyball (W) 9-19
- WHAT: The United World Games, the largest youth tournament in Europe (UWG Website, UWG Promo Video)
- WHERE: Germany/Austria/Italy (Host City is Klagenfurt, Austria)
- WHEN: June 19-28, 2017 (Tournament is June 22-25)
- ITINERARY: GROUP MOZART – Final Detailed Itinerary, GROUP SCHWARZENEGGER – Final Detailed Itinerary, Travel to Europe Fact Sheet
- HOW MUCH: $4,200 if paying in full for all travelers at time of enrollment. $4,500 if using a payment plan or adding additional travelers to an existing traveler.
- FLIGHT INFO: The US departure city for this flight is Boston (BOS). You can find exact flight details on the Trips page after you log in.
All STUDENTathleteWorld Tours Trips DO Include:
-Round trip airfare, taxes, and service fees from the team’s departure airport
-International hotel accommodations, taxes, and service fees (occupancy rules vary, see below)
-All airport transfers and transportation to scheduled activities
-Entertainment as outlined in the itinerary (amazing sightseeing excursions, authentic cultural experiences, guided educational tours)
-Team USA uniforms and equipment (*personalized souvenir jersey is an optional added fee)
-Entrance fees for the games/tournaments and international & USA sport sanctioning and approvals
-Experienced and knowledgeable local tour managers and Team USA coaches
-Outstanding SaW service and commitment to your trip of a lifetime
-Teammates and friendships that you will remember forever
All STUDENTathleteWorld Tours Trips DO NOT Include:
-Travel to your departure airport
-Passport / Visa fees
-Individual medical insurance (primary)
-Travel insurance (recommended)
-Customary tipping (bus drivers, etc.)
-Personal items: souvenirs, telephone calls and internet, snacks, drinks, etc.
United World Games Specific Inclusions:
-Meals: Two meals a day (three during tournament days). Typically this is breakfast in the morning at the hotel and then a two course dinner with drink together at night. Sometimes, depending on the schedule, lunch will be provided instead of dinner. Additionally during the tournament days in Austria you will actually get 3 meals a day as you will have meal tickets to eat at Player’s Town.
-Hotels: based on 2/3 per room, 4 star hotels
Staff / Coaches / Chaperones
To Be Announced, Delegation Managers (Munich, Germany) – Our delegation managers will meet us at the airport when we land and will be with us for the entirety of our trip. They will travel with us and stay in the hotels with us. The advantage of having a ground crew is having a local who knows the ins and out of the country we are in. Our partners in Europe have been doing this for a long time and will take great care of our group.
Parents – In addition to our Staff, Coaches, and Delegation Managers, we will also have a good number of parents of our athletes traveling with us. While they have no duties other that to enjoy themselves, they will be able to assist in some chaperoning of the teams. About 50% of our athletes will travel with family and 50% will travel alone.
Join the Team!
Kristen Stuart, Mother of Emmi Stuart (Illinois)
"As my husband and I sit and watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, I find myself reflecting on the opening ceremony of the United World Games 2016. Thank you again, STUDENTathleteWorld for giving our family a chance to experience such a life changing, memorable moment. For any athlete/parent considering a trip, If there is a way for your athlete to go, let them! It was a very educational experience. The best part for us was having our daughter compete in a sport that she loves at an international level!! It was very exciting. When you finally return home and your trip is in the rearview mirror, you will remember this trip as the Trip-of-a-Lifetime. This moment/feeling will never happen again. The friendships and family bond that you will form during this time will carry on beyond your 'short' time together."
August 6, 2016Read More Testimonials