- Past Tours
- Profile LOGIN
Barbados D3 College Basketball Invitational
Tentative Date for 1st Annual Tournament is November/December 2019
If your team is interested in this event, please contact Tim at email@example.com. Space is limited. The event will be played at Garfield Sobers Gymnasium, which just underwent a $19 million renovation. Our tournament will be one the first big events in the facility and the first College Basketball tournament on the island. The Bajans love basketball and we can’t wait to present the 1st annual Barbados D3 College Basketball Invitational.
We can customize your trip to suit your needs and budget!
- 5 days / 4 nights (this can be customized to fit your needs
- Roundtrip flights your departure airport to Bridgetown, Barbados
- 4 nights of accommodation in multi-share (student housing of 2-4 to a room) or Hotels
- 2 Games and 1/2 Practices
- Up to 3 meals a day
- Ground transportation (Private Bus)
- Personal chaperone
- Sightseeing activities according to the program (Catamaran Cruise, Jeep Safari, Rum Factory, Dinner Show)
- Passport Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Single Room Supplements
- Tips for Drivers
- Laundry Services
- Everything not listed in the inclusions
Itinerary can be custom create to suit your needs. This is just a typical 5 day, 4 night trip.
- Thursday, Day 1 – Depart campus and travel to your local airport to fly to Barbados. Upon your arrival meet your local representative and transfer to your hotel, check in and relax. Your local representative will travel to the hotel with you and will assist with your check in. They will also be available to run through your itinerary. This is an ideal opportunity to gain some first-hand local knowledge on the best beaches and restaurants in the area. In the afternoon have your first team shoot-around to shake off the rust from the flight. At night take part in the ocean-side Welcome party and meet your opponents and sample Bajan food and drink.
- Friday, Day 2 – In the morning have breakfast at your hotel followed by a Jeep safari with lunch (5 hours). Enjoy a Jeep safari and see the island in the most unique way, and the places only accessible by 4×4 vehicles. Share folklore, culture, and Barbados history and explore gullies, coastal views great for photos and hidden secrets of the magnificent island. In the evening you will play your first game of the Barbados College Basketball Invitational. After the game explore the Oistin Fish Fry, the best party on the island. Make sure to try the local favorite “cou cou and flying fish”.
- Saturday, Day 3 – In the morning have breakfast at your hotel followed by a Catamaran Cruise (5 hours). Barbados is all about the Ocean, so explore it on a tiami catamaran cruise! Hop aboard a breathtaking catamaran and set sail on the crystal clear waters of Barbados. The friendly local chef and crew will prepare mouthwatering local food. Sing and dance on board. Drop anchor and snorkel with a shoal of fish, swim with turtles, and enjoy the beautiful beaches of Barbados.
- Sunday, Day 4 – In the morning have breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy the day at leisure. You can enjoy the beach or explore the capital city of Bridgetown and do some shopping and people watching. In the evening you will play your second game of the Barbados College Basketball Invitational. After the game take a stroll with your teammates on the south coast boardwalk and enjoy one of the best sunset’s you will ever see. Monday, Day 5 – In the morning have breakfast at your hotel. Check out of your hotel and transfer to the airport for your return flight home. Say goodbye to your new friends and make plans to see each other again!
We can customize a trip to suit your needs and budget. Teams on a tight budget may choose to stay at the gymnasium in student housing accommodations with shared baths (like dorm rooms). Other teams can choose to stay at oceanside hotels like the one pictured here. Excursions and meals can be included or excluded depending on your budget. All transportation via private bus and Basketball games are included. We specifically designed this trip to be both budget friendly and amazing. There is simply nothing else like it for D3 Basketball! Contact Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to start talking about making this a reality for your program.
Women’s Teams Interested
2019 Women – Brooklyn College, RPI, Edgewood College, Elizabethtown College, Oberlin College, Randolph-Macon College, Immaculata University, UW- River Falls, Trinity College (CT), Rosemont College, Curry College, Franklin College (IN)
Men’s Teams Interested
2019 Men – SUNY Canton, NC Wesleyan College, Stockton University, Washington College, University of
LaVerne, UW-River Falls, Colby College, Oberlin College (Thanksgiving), Hamilton College, Edgewood College, RPI